TRIPHALA – “THE CURE OF ALL SORROWS”
SYNONYMS- Phala trika, Vara.
Triphala churan – this term is widely used in north India
Triphala choorna, Triphala churnam – these terms are famous in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
WHAT IS TRIPHALA?
Tri means three, Phala means fruit. It is made of three fruits.
Triphala churna is one of the most famous and widely used Ayurvedic product.
It is made of three fruits. The dry powder of fruit rind of these three fruits are mixed in equal proportions.
- AMLA – Emblica officinalis – Indian gooseberry
- KADUKAI – Terminalia chebula – Chebulic Myrobalan – Harde whole
- THANDRIKAI – Terminalia bellirica – Belleric Myrobalan
Triphala powder dosage is 1–3 grams with honey, ghee or warm water, before food
- Triphala is a powerful source of antioxidants.
- It helps to calm Kapha and Pitta.
- It is also used in the treatment for diabetes, due to its rich antioxidant property.
- Water decoction/ Kashaya prepared with Triphala powder is used to treat non-healing wounds.
- It is extremely beneficial in skin diseases.
- It is good for improving eye sight and to treat computer vision syndrome.
- It helps to improve taste.
- It is also used in the treatment of chronic fever.
- Triphala powder is useful to relieve laziness.
- Triphala weight loss – It is also used in the treatment of obesity.